Saturday, September 24, 2005

Wake up call.

It is not yet five in the morning and I stand no chance of getting back to sleep. I was startled awake this fine day by the sound of chewing. Not a pleasant sound to wake up to. That kind of sound will make you have strange dreams about getting eaten by evil gnomes. ( I shall save that story for another day.)

After getting out of bed, I learned that one of Mrs. Troll's canine companions was making snack on one of her fine collection of expensive leather doo-dads.

By now, I should be used to this. This particular dog will find things to destroy whenever it becomes bored. Pretty much every night between the hours of after-I-go-to-sleep and when-i-wake-up-and-stagger-to-the-bathroom.

I should have named her 'Shiva the Destroyer'.

Giving her toys to chew is futile. She will always reject these items to choose something from the trash or, better yet, something that has been touched by the last human to reject her never ending demands for attention.

Over the years you would think that I had learned something. Perhaps I have.

Today I am going to chew up a one of Mrs. Troll's shoes and hope that she will throw me outside for the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home