Thursday, December 22, 2005

Insanity is relative

I have posted before about how I feel about the town of Santa Fe, New Mexico.

It is a city of confusion in the streets and the people. I am not fond of the place. I would rather go to the DMV than voluntarily take a trip to Santa Fe. People who live in Santa Fe even say “Santa Fe’ like it is a pretentious name for a pretentious city.

Now we have this person that claims a national TV star has been sending her subliminal messages over her TV from New York. She, of course, lives in Santa Fe. She got a court restraining order to keep him at least 100 feet away from her.

Do I need remind you that his show is from New York? I thought not. That is far more than 100 feet away, I assure you.

And the thought that some judge actually wasted time to grant this order is beyond me. Could this learned and respected man not realize that this woman is showing signs of mental disorder? Could he not point out that Mr. Letterman is already far more than 100 feet away? Is he as nutty as she is?

Could she not change the channel?

We will probably never learn the answers to these questions. On some level I don’t think I really want to. I am close enough to being crazy as I am; I probably should not explore the disjointed realities of others.

Next thing you know, I will be claiming my goldfish is a terrorist.

Wait a minute……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home