Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Merry Chastisement

I was right. It was not ready. I forgot to mention visiting!

For some unknown reason, your relatives think you have nothing better to do with your hard earned time off for the holidaze than to go visit and entertain them. On a schedule that suits them, not you.

In a previous life, (Not what you are thinking) I actually saw people eating up to three holiday feasts in a single day, as well as driving for over six hours. Why in the world would anyone do such a thing? Just to keep the peace. They felt it was better to torture themselves and the other members of their immediate family than to not attend family functions.

In that same previous life, I got so that I would schedule vacation for that time just to not have to put up with all the nonsense. It did not help. The next year the family just got their plans made sooner so they could be certain to ruin my plans.

In this life, things are different. We spent time with who we want, when we want, and that’s that. The holidaze are stressful enough without adding shifting schedules and unreasonable demands. Be it friend, relative, or wayward goat that I happen to feel sorry for, I expect to spent the holidaze with people (or goats) that I want to be around.

It is still not stress free, but it is certainly an improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home