Monday, April 10, 2006

White Trash Man

I have a neighbor here in the RV park that I have dubbed ‘White Trash Man’. (Pretty much my only remaining neighbor.)

His parking space looks like a white trash pile, with his home at the center. His home is his castle, with a protective moat of ‘stuff’ keeping the outside world at bay.

In just the last two months or so he has managed to trash a space as well as his RV.

His TV antenna looks like a giant used it as a toothpick, there are ‘collectables’ on all four sides as well as underneath, and he managed to somehow drive into one corner of his rig and mangle it.

When he arrived his RV looked pretty OK, but now it looks like a tornado used it as an object of desire. Used it HARD.

I have a hard time accepting that someone can let an RV go to hell that quickly. These things are not cheap, and one would think that you might take care of yours. In his case, it just ain’t happening.

His awning got loose one night in a windstorm. It flailed and slapped at his roof for hours, and he never did a thing to stop it. You can’t convince me that he did not know. It woke me up when I thought someone was hitting my Doghouse with a baseball bat. By morning, it was in a heap in front of his door, where it remained for five days before being rolled into a shapeless mass and shoved under his home.

A new one would cost about one thousand dollars, yet he took no effort to save the one he has. He does not look like he can afford to throw one thousand dollars away that easily.

All his connections are held together with tape, his truck looks to be a collection of other trucks of different colors, and even his lawn chairs are recycled and in disrepair. His TV antenna is something from the 70’s on a piece of pipe leaning against the corner of his bedroom. Even it is broken, making it resemble a bit if nonfunctioning tissue in an erectile dysfunction commercial.

His constant companion is a black Chihuahua looking creature that yaps its awareness of the world. It is in constant motion, and when he takes it for frequent walks, he keeps it on a chain that rattles along the ground. Why this dog needs the safety of a chain escapes me. That dog looks almost as threatening as toothpaste.

You might think I am being overly critical, but I have a point in all this.

I do not understand People. I do not understand how you can live in something barely larger than your car and not take care of it or even keep it clean. (Inside and outside.)
I do not understand how a person can spend 10s of thousands of dollars on something then let it become a pile of rubbish in a couple of years.

I am not buying the infirmity defense. He can walk that obnoxious shit machine several times a day, but can’t move the piles of trash that he has to walk around when he goes in or out of his door.

Please help me. What motivates people like this? Why can they not show enough pride to attempt to keep the things they have looking reasonably clean and vermin free?

So what is the deal? Are they lazy, stupid, or just not care? You tell me. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home