Wednesday, October 19, 2005

If you lived here, you would be home by now

My work took me to Santa Fe today.

I think someone made a mistake in Santa Fe. They call it 'The City Different', I think I should be called "The City of the Mistaken Direction'. That place is even weirder than *I* am!

The ever present SUV pulling in front of me to make a right hand turn from the left hand lane is considered NORMAL there. When one woman declared with glee, "I got me a can of spray paint", I knew it was time to get outta town. (You have to understand that we were in the parking lot of the HOSPITAL)

I couldn't. I got lost. I think all the roads in Santa Fe are made with a built in twist of time that takes you back to where you started, only later. After many failed attempts I signaled a left turn from the right lane, turned RIGHT, and got on the road that eventually took me out tward home.

Sometimes when I am there I get the feeling that Lewis Carrol is watching me and taking notes for his next story for Alice.

I hope that I am a Troll in Wonderland too. I always thought Alice needed to meet a Troll.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home