Saturday, November 19, 2005

Fast Food II



Just to prove a point to myself, I went to the same brand-name fast food joint that I posted about before. This time I was careful to go to another location and hopefully different management.

This experience was far different. Service was fast, pleasant, and not provided by an individual that is allergic to soap and water. I have to admit, however, that I could do without the prerecorded greeting at the sign. Whoever came up with that idea should be put into a room and forced to listen to the greeting for hours at a time.

The potato patty was just that, a deep fried potato patty. I am pretty much convinced that you would be challenged to mess up one of those. Unfortunately the challenged are usually employed at places like this.

The sandwich was not overdone, oversunlamped, stale, or too greasy. Let’s be honest, these things will never be a culinary delight, but this little puppy was prepared as it should be. This is quite a change from my last experience.

The coffee was lacking in offensive additives. Though slightly bitter, it was rather good and worth finishing. Good enough that I went back to the truck when I discovered that I had forgotten it. It is amazing what a clean container can do for the taste of coffee.

All in all, I would rate this as a pleasant experience. If I choose to eat at this name brand again, I will be certain to eat at the second location.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home