Sunday, July 09, 2006

The state of Wi-Fi

I can’t believe that Dallas Love field charges for WIFI!! Cheep bastards! It’s shit like this that makes travel a pain in the ass. Six to seven dollars for people passing through seems a bit like rape to me.

I also like the high-end RV Park in Austin that charges you three bucks a day, but after midnight you no longer have access. Where I come from a day means 24 hours, not till midnight. Fukkin’ cheep bastards.

If I were to travel full time I would compile a list of pay sites that should be avoided at all costs and post that list on the internet.

Oklahoma was terrible for wi-fi access. In the whole town of Norman I could only find one hot spot, and that one was in the MALL!

Yes, I am disappointed in the state of wi-fi in the places I go. When I am on the road, I pretty much depend on wi-fi in order to keep in touch with home, work, and the world. I don’t want to believe that there are not enough people ranting and raving about not having access to make things better.

I don’t necessarily mind paying, but I do mind paying too much, or paying for access that is cut off.

I have considered purchasing one of those new cards that use the cell phone network to give you access, but with a two year commitment and fifty bucks a month, I don’t think I will be on the road enough to justify it. I am hoping to spend most of the next year at home. (for the most part)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home