Monday, July 03, 2006

Ringo

The delightful and wonderful Mrs. Troll scammed a couple of tickets to “Ringo Starr and his All Star Band” for last night.

The crowd would be best described as geriatric. I saw many T-shirts that were new in the 60s and 70s, well worn and faded like their wearers and the band members.

The concept for this tour is once popular musicians who could not carry a tour on their own banding together to fill venues and make dollars. It works in it’s own way, if you are a consumer emotionally trapped in past decades. In the waiting line I heard many a tale of past concerts and glory days.

While we were waiting patiently for the band to show, a large drunken man was ‘entertaining’ us by singing old Beatles tunes and declaring that ‘there are only two left, man…..two left’ while weaving drunkenly through the crowd.

I was surprised that my wife and neighbors were so against my comments that he would benefit greatly by a .357 round to the head or a shotgun blast to the belly. I think it was because he kept singing, ‘All you need is love.”

Security finally got him to shut up, the band finally began to play, and we became entertained.

I am not going to revue this concert. If you are a fan of this type of thing, then you should go. They are all professional musicians and all are serious about what they do.

I didn’t go for the music or the nostalgia; I went to watch people and to get out of the rut that I have been in for the last six months while on the road.

It was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home