Sunday, January 06, 2008

Another year

I finally got over my holiday depression when I went to see “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.” Somehow a musical about revenge, murder, cannibalism, self loathing, and depravity just cheers me right up.

This jobsite that I am on is one of the strangest experiences of my life. Santa Fe is called the ‘City Different’ and I can see why. Safety is a laugh, schedule is whatever can get done each week, and trades show up to work wherever they feel like it. It is like being inside a great big sandbox with 100 other big kids, all doing what they want. Heavy sigh.

The dogs are running Sanctuary now, with the Frunobulax, Fexophenidine, and Maggie all demanding attention and time with Daddy. I could knit a cat with the dog hair that is on my cloths this very minute. The Mrs. won’t let me shave them because it is winter, but come spring they are all in trouble.

I think naked dogs look funny.

I think naked cats look funnier than naked dogs.

I think I have a strange sense of humor and that I will have to leave for Santa Fe soon before the first in a series of storms hits.

Good luck to ya’ll in this New Year and may money be attracted to you like relatives at the funeral of a rich uncle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home