Sunday, November 25, 2007

Snowflake Alert!

It finally snowed here in lovely New Mexico.

That necessitates the annual “Snowflake Alert!”

Snowflake alert is when a New Mexican sees his or her first snowflake, FRIEKS OUT, and then plows unceremoniously into the ditch.

There was just a light dusting of snow when I drove to town yesterday, yet there were 6 accidents, one was an armored truck in the wrong lane on its side.

My truck is a real dog in the snow. The back end is way too light and it slips and slides like the road is covered in snot and Vaseline. I had no troubles.

There is something in the culture here that makes driving in the snow impossible. I do not understand it, but when people see the white stuff from the sky they loose it and drive into something.

I bet if I were to blow mashed potato flakes on the highway in the middle of summer somebody would slide into a guardrail because it was ‘too slippery’.

Then I would probably get my ass sued off for causing a public nuisance or something and spend the rest of my days in prison being sodomized by some nameless gang banger.

It would not be worth it.

Let ‘em learn the hard way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home