Sunday, November 04, 2007

Roomie

I have given in to my other, seldom seen, nicer side and taken a roommate.

He is a fella that I have known for about a year and he has always been honest and cheerful and all that other shit that makes people seem nice.

He was offered a job with us in Northern New Mexico and could not afford to commute or get a place up there so I let him stay with me for a while to get back on his feet.

He has tried to be polite and considerate and is mostly successful in his attempts. He has not been a bad roommate as roommates go.

But I am still a Troll and like my PRIVATE space under the bridge. (The voices in my head are always yelling, “Mine! Mine mine mine mine mine!!” like Daffy Duck with a huge bag of gold.)

After three weeks of sharing my space with a HUMAN I think I am shed of him. At least I really hope so.

Now he intends to move an RV up here and live in it like I do. He wants the RV space behind mine. I think he is intent on becoming the adopted son I never wanted.

It seems that no good deed goes unpunished.

UPDATE:

He called this weekend to tell me that he can’t afford to get his trailer up here this week and intends to live in his van until he can. For a short period of time there was a little voice in my head saying that I should just tolerate him for another week and be a nice guy. I slapped that voice into submission and gave it a good firm talking to. Originally I told the guy I would let him stay with me for two weeks and it turned into three. Guilt has just left the building. I have lived up to my end of the deal and then some. Yes Virginia, I am a stubborn ol’ coot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home