Sunday, October 14, 2007

What the hell happened to you?

I was just looking at my blog and realized that I have not posted in far too long. “Why?” do you ask? “Why have you not been sharing tales of ignorance and frustration with the whole of mankind?”

Don’t ask.

When I was at Sanctuary the last time the damn Internet thingy went belly up and I had NO TV (during the Balloon Fiesta)*, NO INTERNET, and NO GROUNDLINE PHONE SERVICE. (The BASTARDS!)

A cell phone call to the provider of these services left us in a bitter funk and a sense of disappointment and confusion. They said, in effect, “We show no outages in your area, so we assume that you are a complete idiot and have done something stupid and will get someone out there when WE feel like it.”

About an hour later the serviceman in our area dropped by to tell US that we had no service and that he was getting the guy that was allowed to fix these things out to fix it.

I was disgusted and packed my clean cloths and prepared to drive back to the No Internet Zone. About that time, the service guy dropped by again and told us all was well and that we were in contact with the world again.

I was already packed, so I went anyway and spent money for things to winterize the Doghouse, seeing as how I am going to be spending the winter living there. The last winter I was living in it I was cold most of the time and could feel a draft. This time I intend to make it almost airtight and the draft will just be in my mind.

So there you have it. See what you get for asking?

*I have come to the conclusion in my advanced age and general grumplitude that my going anywhere near Albuquerque during the fiesta is inviting homicide charges against me. The best way for me to feel like part of the party is to watch it from afar where I can’t get my fingers around young, stupid necks to crush the rude and boorish behavior from their ungrateful bodies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home