Monday, November 21, 2005

On the road again.

Greetings from Carlsbad New Mexico, home of the really big hole and miles and miles of……..miles and miles.

I am here for work. Sometimes you gotta go where you gotta go, and this time I gotta go. I will be back on the road tomorrow to be home before nightfall. That makes for a lot of driving for just a short time at work, but I will still be home with the lovely Mrs. Troll and the teenage stepTrolls in time for Thanksgiving. (And I have a lot to be thankful for. Thank you, Mrs. Troll)

Dinner tonight was interesting in the fact that this restaurant was more of a social gathering place than a real fast food chain. Someone actually had their 5 year old in the kitchen, running around and barking like a dog. Some woman was sitting near the kitchen door, filling out her Avon paperwork and gossiping with the workers that would sit with her on the way in or out of the kitchen. The ‘New Manager’ was complaining about having to wear a tie, and his assistant was complaining that she was getting less per hour now that she has been promoted to assistant manager.

All of this went on where we could easily hear it and be annoyed. What am I saying, you could hear the barking 5 year old everywhere. I am surprised that youngun’ is not playing with the meat slicer before leaping like a gazelle into the deep fat fryer. Why anyone in their right mind would let a child that young run amok in a kitchen is beyond me. Perhaps they do because they are not in their right mind.

Now there are two kids running a race down the hall. They are now on lap three and I want the right to throw the winner from the roof. Fat chance. People usually frown upon me wanting to throw their children anywhere. It’s not that I don’t like kids, I don’t like kids that are not house (or hotel) broken. If you can’t keep ‘em under control, then don’t bring ‘em out in public.

Slamming doors end the race, but the parents yelling the kids into submission does not seem to be working. Now the kids want to go to the pool, shrilly screaming their desires and jumping up and down for emphasis. My room is shaking.

I can see that it is going to be a L-O-N-G night………..sigh.

Maybe I can grab one as it is running by. Think anyone will notice?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home