Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Selling the future

I have learned over the years that we, as parental units, are willing to put ourselves deeply into debt to provide for our children. We sell our futures to provide for their education, health, well being, or maybe even just a car.

Then they are willing to piss it all away for popularity or a cheap thrill.

I read somewhere that you should not handicap your children’s future by making their life easy. I agree and think that I probably should have done even less for all the children in my life than I actually did.

Remember this, Mommies, when your giggling little bundles of joy grow into young adults and are contemplating selling you into white slavery to support a drug habit, or just asking you to bail them out of jail.

Hell, if you are smart you will remember this every time one of them asks for something as little as to borrow a few bucks for a date or gasoline.

1 Comments:

Blogger MizfiTroll said...

One whole day and I have not pissed off the kids yet? Damn.....

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home