Sunday, July 15, 2007

Call Me Mr. Sunshine

I have been working in the New Mexico sun and it is nearly killing me.

I am of Northern European lineage and am not used to this killing sun. Yesterday the wind came up, making things feel more tolerable until the sand got to be too much and invaded parts of my body that I had forgotten I had. (It should never scratch when you wipe your ass.)

Other than that, things have been going pretty well. They were going to lay off my work partner until he convinced them that the world would be better run his way. He bought himself another day. It’s not like it is a big deal, really. He will most likely be back after a 2 to 3 day layoff. We are in construction, after all. Shit happens.

I have never understood people that are constantly trying to change the world to fit their view of how the world should be. No one person can have that much knowledge to be right all the time. Some time in your life you need to realize that there are people that know better than you and you need to just follow along with no whining.

My work partner never learned that skill. As a matter of fact, he never learned to take advantage of any opportunity to keep his mouth shut. He is always willing to interject with some weird, out of context statement, before telling anyone within hearing how things should be, or his opinion on any given subject, or why the weather would be better if he were in charge of global climate.

Add to that a particularly annoying nasal voice and you have a person that no one wants to be around, especially me. I don’t like people in general, and when I am force to spend time with this individual, I want to do something nasty to him in order to improve the species.

I have managed to restrain myself for years now and am avoiding jail time. This makes my family happy and shows that I can control my homicidal tendencies.

So from now on you can just call me Mr. Sunshine,

or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home