Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Heartlands....

Actually, I have little more to say about Kansas. I found it strange that the drivers there would always pass you when you were doing the speed limit, but be slow to pass when you were either above the limit or below.

I don’t think that the new millennium has been good to the heartlands. The part of the country that was based on church and moral values is seeing the age of technology push good sense aside to be replaced with a fast paced muddle of going nowhere but very quickly and having a great time doing it.

Most of us are having a hard time keeping up with change. I remember when a 1200 baud modem was cool. Now my pocket sized wireless phone has more computing power than my first computer and can send pictures over the wireless connection faster than I can compose a text message.

Now we are all thinking green and hoping for some relief from high energy costs. We recycle everything except souls and are taking the future seriously. They are no longer making VHS tapes and even DVD technology is changing faster than the marketing people can convince us what the new trend is going to be.

They want to add another additive to my gasoline to make it more green, while incidentally driving up the costs of food because this additive is a food, and making alcoholics everywhere nervous.

Welcome to the future, America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home