Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I am pissed

Two weeks ago, The Mrs. and I went in and got our eyes checked and ordered new glasses. Mine need to be safety glasses and I was told that they would take up to two weeks to come in. The Mrs.’s would be done sooner.

Last Saturday the Mrs. and I dropped in to pick up her glasses and I asked that they make sure that mine were going to be ready because I am leaving town for a while.

Today they called and told me that the glasses are not ready, and would not be ready. But not right away. Oh NO. First they said that the frames did not come in. When once again I told them that I was leaving, they said they would call the manufacturer and call me back.

Four hours later I had to call them, to have them call me back, just to have them tell me that they could not be ready and they would MAIL them to me. (Like I have a mailing address in an RV)

They sold me something that they did not have in stock and made no effort to make sure that it was available, ignored my reminder that they try to make it available on the original delivery date, and waited until the delivery date to bother to tell me that they could not supply the product.

I have had similar prescriptions made before in about an hour, but the Mrs. got insurance this year and it made sense to use it. What a mistake THAT was.

The eye doctor at the place charged three times what I paid for an eye exam one year ago. The glasses cost twice as much as the ones I bought one year ago. I don’t believe that the market for glasses or eye exams have changed that much in just one year.

The only difference seems to be having insurance and getting crappy service.

Now I think I know why health insurance premiums are so damn high.

You get to pay extra for crappy service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home