Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Pick your fights

What is there about airports that bring out the worst in people? While responding to the cattle call to get on the plane, one guy blatantly jumped the line. Like that was not bad enough, the lady in front of me decided to stand on principal and make an issue of it. Then she decided to try to get me involved.

Frankly I was in no mood for drama. I figure that if that bastard is in that much of a hurry I would just do what I can later to slow him down. Confronting him now is worthless. The more he feels threatened for bullying, the more he is going to defend himself with righteous indignation. No winner.

If I see an opportunity, I will drop things in front of someone like that or trip them when they are trying to get off the plane. I would rather walk over them with a self satisfied grin while they are trying to pick up their dignity.

They argued back and forth all the way to the plane. I just tried to ignore it to the best of my ability, but she kept looking to me for affirmation. Then at the door to the plane, she stopped to put on a surgical mask.

Then it all fell into place in my mind; The eternal struggle of bullies against the tree huggers. These two could snipe at each other for days.

I took evasive action. Getting anywhere near these two would just be an exercise in futility.

I feel that an adult should learn to pick his fights. Just striking out like a whiny child when someone offends you hurts you more than it hurts them. Wait until a time of your choosing and give them an opportunity to look like fools. They will seldom fail to rise to the occasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home