Friday, January 13, 2006

South Padre Island

I finally got to the island last night. Obviously it is there to separate people from their disposable income. Lots of high dollar hotels and expensive restaurants make spending money easy. The T-shirt shops that litter the strip make it easy to tell that this is a tourist destination.

I will probably be doing my shopping in the town next to the island. There is really nowhere near to where I am staying to get groceries and shit, but last night I found a Wally World and other shopping. Sure beats the little grocery store in town here that advertises everything in Spanish and proudly tells us that the store has a Chihuahua puppy for sale.

I know that I appreciate a grocer that keeps in mind that I might need a puppy to help me eat leftovers. I wonder if the he keeps the puppy in the meat cooler.

I think I have arranged Internet access from the jobsite, making it possible to post while I am in South Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home