Friday, January 13, 2006

Hell on Wheels

I left a rather nice RV Park and took a step into hell on wheels.

The wind did blow. Oh my, did it blow. It blew all the way to the time I stopped. The first couple of hours were OK, but the last three turned into the last five. I finally just turned on the cruise control at 55 and tried to make the best of things. (Meaning I went slowly and dodged things blowing down the road at me.)

The town I am staying in is nothing to speak of, just another small town with a few stores trying to make it in the real world. Located near Brownsville, it is trying to keep the larger city at bay. This place seems to keep its small town charm with a vengeance. I would not be surprised to find a moat that marks the city limits.

I don’t think there is Internet anywhere in the town. The small hotel does not advertise it, so I assume it is not here. The park does not even have cable. I do have four TV networks in English. I would have a lot more entertainment if I spoke Spanish.

The humidity seems to be about 100 percent all the time, something I am not used to. I live in the high dessert where the humidity is usually in the teens and the air is thin. On the other hand, it is good bicycling here. The land is flat and the air is rich. I have been riding around the town, learning which was is which, and getting some much needed exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home