Friday, January 20, 2006

Traveling

I have traveled more in the past six years or so than I have traveled in my life.

I actually like it.

Travel exposes you to new and different places. It forces you to expand your view of the world, see things, and have new experiences.

Airports are the exposed raw nerve of humanity. People in airports act like they are the only ones in the world that actually exist, and therefore, they are at their most open. I am surprised that there is not more crime in airports, but with the TSA blockade it would be hard to make an escape.

Social walls are much shorter and thinner in airports, making it much easier to see over them into other behavior

I will not always agree with what I see or how people behave, but my not seeing it and my not agreeing with it are two different things entirely, and besides, it gives me something to blog about.

Instead of hearing ‘You should to have been there,’ you ARE there, experiencing it first hand. It makes seeing different things and cultures a personal thing instead of second hand smoke.

I would suggest it to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home