Monday, July 31, 2006

Flutterby Killer


I have been convinced for years that butterflies are just animated flowers. I learned this week that they are kinda stupid too.

It would appear that this time of year in deep South Texas the butterflies are being born, migrating, or otherwise gathering in great numbers, making it impossible to drive anywhere without killing them in droves.

Since I was in a hurry to leave deep South Texas I killed more than a few of the fluttering critters. I was not the only one. I saw thousands of little butterfly corpses littering the highways and hundreds of wounded, limping down the shoulder, little butterfly crutches and casts slowing them down.

My doghouse was plastered with their little winged corpses, making a rather interesting mosaic over the front. Fortunately for the more gentle readers, it rained on my trip home or I would post photographic evidence of the remains of the little butterfly parts plastered to the front of my home away from home.

It sure feels good to be home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home