Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.


I think that I may have expressed in the past that I do not like this place. I am more of a snow, ice, and highs in the 80s kinda guy.

This morning I went for a bicycle ride to the beach. I left well before sunup and it was still 80 degrees.

I had a pleasant time listening to the waves and watching the sun come up. I sucked up some atmosphere and generally made the best of things for a while.

When I got back to the doghouse I stepped inside and it felt COLD. I checked the outside temperature and the inside temperature and they were only 4 degrees apart.

The outdoor humidity was close to 100% while the indoor humidity was MUCH lower, making it feel like I had just stepped into a refrigerator.

The next time someone says, “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity,” I think I will torture them near to death with tales of living here.

Then perhaps I will never have to hear anyone say that again.

Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home