Thursday, September 14, 2006

Teenagers


I have four kids in a way. I have two that were reputed to be spawn of my loins and two that are the result of the coupling of the Mrs. Troll and her first husband. The StepTrolls came into my life when they were about five years old and I have tried to treat them as my own.

My BioTrolls were on their own before I even met the StepTrolls, or the future Mrs.Troll. There was never an intermingling of the kids or an excuse for sibling rivalry.

Now the StepTrolls are growing up and becoming teenagers and I have noticed that they have something very much in common with the BioTrolls.

They are all ungrateful teenagers and selfish as hell.

What is there about puberty that turns kids from attention mongering little pet-like things to self-absorbed devil spawn, anxious to prove their independence while sucking up your resources?

It must be the stuff that the government puts in the water to make us ignore the cost of gasoline and keep buying things we don’t really need.

It could never be a parent’s fault.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amem bro. Now add in estrogen and stir.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home