Sunday, September 10, 2006

My new friend


We have been hiring new people at work.

When the new guys come on the crew I usually try to give ‘em a hand up and try to show ‘em how we do things. Kinda help ‘em out and point ‘em in the right direction.

Tuesday the new guy decided that we are doing things all wrong and was not shy about sharing his opinion. He was not shy in the first half hour of his being there. He was not shy several times his first day. He was not shy every time I spoke to him. He was not shy with a lot of other people as well. He was also not shy when he shared with me that he does not like my attitude.

So I decided to let the new guy prove that he is capable, since he seems to think he knows everything already and openly refuses my help or direction.

He took a whole day to do something that any other member of the crew would do in about an hour. Then it fell to the ground in a great crashing of wood products and high dollar hospital casework.

As way of explanation for the great crashing, he told the boss that I have been picking on him and that I don’t like him. He told the boss that walls are wrong and that the great crashing is not his fault.

I can see that we are going to get along just fine………..(I am sure you can’t see it, but the sarcasm is running from the corner of my mouth.)

The best part of this whole thing is that I won’t have to do anything at all to him, he will do it all to himself and try to blame me, everyone, and everything else.

Sometimes it’s TOO easy…….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home