Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Another work friend

I think I have another new work friend…..

This contender for the idiot of the month club comes from the union hall and considers himself quite the good carpenter. He is more than happy to tell you just how damn good he is. Come to think of it, he seems to spend more time telling you how good he is than actually proving how good he is.

He can’t seem to follow direction. (Even if it is really easy, like, “Do it like this.”)

He complained that he was not invited to the company Christmas party. I had to point out that he was not even working for us when all the arrangements were made for said party.

He seems to think that the company should give him tools and accessories that the rest of us have bought from our own pockets for OUR convenience.

He spends lots of time wandering the project for whatever reason. I see him in all sort of inappropriate places. When confronted he will tell you that he had to go to the bathroom. Too bad the bathroom was thirty feet from where he was working and he was seen three floors way in another wing of the building.

He can’t seem to do the same thing the same way twice in a row. We are presently installing a lot of “cookie cutter” stuff where there are many rooms that are alike or very similar. He changes the way his installation looks from room to room.

He is very EMOtional and sensitive. In the workplace this is just like having a huge sign painted on your forehead saying “PICK ON ME!!”

Now he can’t even seem to show up for work. He has been gone three days this past week due to snow. He lives less than six miles from my house and I have made it to work on time every day. I have even been driving my little car while he drives a honking big 4-wheel drive diesel truck. I don’t think he has worked a 40 hour week since he started.

I am thinking that soon we will be talking about this fella in the past tense and telling tales to future workers as an example of what not to do.

But on the bright side, he does give me someone to make fun of!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home