Saturday, December 23, 2006

Gifts

Oh bloody forking hell.

It’s that holiday season again and the wife-like unit wants to know what in hell I want as a gift.

My response of “music” did not fit her needs. (I do have abstruse tastes in music.)

What do I say? I want anger management classes to get better use out of my anger?

I already own just about every tech type gadget, gizmo, and doodad that I can figure out how to use.

I have just about every damn thing that I could want, until I go to the store and see some weird tool, gadget, or ultra-kitch object of desire. Then I go into denial and tell myself that it is the last thing I really need and pointedly ignore the thing and go away. After that I forget that I ever liked the thing until I see it again. Lather, rinse, and repeat.

Let the annual holiday stress begin.

Wife-like unit had made it VERY clear what she expects me to surprise her with. This is probably appropriate seeing as the last “GREAT’ gift that I bought actually caused her great pain and possibly injury.

I never was good at gifts. I just seem can’t get them right.

So that’s what I really want; I want to learn to actually LIKE the holidays and the whole gift thing. I want to have one or more seasons where there is no stress or confusion. I want to be able to give an appropriate gift and drop subtle hints for receiving a gift that I might actually appreciate.

Not bloody forking likely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home