Friday, December 29, 2006

Camel trading gene

The phone rings. I answer.

MrsTroll, “Do me a favor, will you?”

Me, “Sure.”

MrsTroll, “Get in the big truck and bring it down to (insert car dealers name here).”

I few hours later I was driving a new diesel pickup truck home.

The Mrs. had gotten a bug in her ass, stopped at a local car dealer, exercised her camel trading genes, and gotten a good deal on one of those year-end closeout sales.

I had been having issues with the V-10 truck because it does not really have the power to pull The Doghouse. It did OK, but if a headwind came up the gas mileage dropped to 5-6 miles to the gallon and speeds went down to 50 MPH.

We had been talking about getting a diesel truck for months, but could not get a deal that we both wanted and could afford.

Until she got that bug in her ass, that is.

So yesterday I drove the new truck to the lake, a trip of about 300 miles round trip.

The new truck gets MUCH better mileage, drives well (Even in the snow), and is very quiet for a diesel truck (Actually it is quiet for any pickup truck), and has PLENTY of power.

So what does this all mean?

I may be in love, and now I am going to have to clean the garage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home