Sunday, August 05, 2007

Money in my soda

Arizona, a few years ago…..

It was hotter than hell and I was taking a break from work with a couple of my co-workers.

One guy was drinking a cold coke. You could tell it is very cold because of the sweat on the outside of the can in the dry Arizona air.

Suddenly this guy exclaimed, “There is something in my Coke!”

I commented, “It’s just ice.”

“No it isn’t,” he replied, “You can hear it. Listen!”

He shook the can, and in fact there was a slight sound of tinkling. He took a swig from the can, and then tried peering into the little hole to see what could possibly be hidden inside.

“If there is something in the can, why in hell are still drinking from it?” I asked, shaking my head in disbelief.

“Because I want to see what’s inside! I am gonna sue!” he informed me.

He grew more and more excited the closer to the bottom of the can he got. He was envisioning the riches he would reap from having the misfortune of drinking something bad for him from the container provided from a company that had huge amounts of money.

But by the bottom of the can, the ice had melted.

He was depressed for the rest of the day.

I guess that there is nothing more depressing than having imagined riches snatched from you by the sun.

I sense a metaphor in there somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home