Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Mystery File

For quite some time now I have had this strange file in my computer that would take over every time I opened a document. It would add itself to a document whenever it wanted. It was weird. It had a life of its own. It was like that fungal infection you got on your feet after using the shower at the gym.

The strangest thing about this file is that I wrote it. It was not a program or anything like a program; it was just words in a row. How in hell it got into the template is beyond my understanding.

I even upgraded my word processing software at one point just to have the damn file migrate into the new program. It was kinda like I wrote a virus program and infected just my own computer.

Finally, after having the thing attach itself to an E-mail response in a rather inappropriate manner, I called in the big guns; Mrs. Troll.

She assured me that finding and killing it would be the most simple of things. I left my computer in her capable hands. I went to take a shower. When I came back she was still working on it and scratching her head. I went to bed.

The next morning the thing was as dead as the ice cream social.

Never underestimate the hunter-killer instinct of a mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home